Home Heating and Air Conditioning Makeover Sweepstakes Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC 2022 Sweepstakes Rules
All entrants will be contacted by phone to verify entry eligibility.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. You do not have to submit to an in-home sales presentation. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation.
- Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC of 421 McKenzie Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149 (“Sponsor”) will award one (1) Grand Prize and Eleven (11) Monthly Prizes during the prize period; with the Grand Prize winner (“Homeowner”) being selected from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by Sponsor between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 and each Monthly Prize winner being selected from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by Sponsor between the first and the last calendar day of the respective month; from January 2022 through December 2022. The Grand Prize drawing shall be conducted on or about January 7, 2023 and each Monthly Prize drawing shall be conducted on or about the seventh day of the subsequent month. The odds of winning a prize is determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, extend, or terminate this promotion without notice at any time. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be deemed eligible. This promotion may be conducted in conjunction with other Sponsor promotions.
- Each prize winner will be notified by email or by telephone within three (3) business days of the drawing in which the prize winner is selected. Sponsor shall make three (3) attempts to notify each prize winner in this manner within three (3) business days of the drawing. If a prize winner still has not been contacted and notified after these three (3) attempts, then Sponsor will send a fourth and final notification attempt via certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address of the prize winner indicated on the winning entry within fourteen (14) days of the drawing. If the prize winner does not contact Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of mailing of the certified letter, it will be deemed that the prize winner cannot be contacted and will thus result in disqualification of the prize winner, forfeiture of the prize, and selection of an alternate prize winner. The return of the certified mail prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize winner’s disqualification, forfeiture of the prize, and selection of an alternate prize winner. An alternate prize winner will be selected within three (3) business days of a prize winner’s disqualification pursuant to the selection and notification process set out herein. Only a prize winner will receive notification. All prizes will be awarded but may be deemed forfeited pursuant to these Official Rules. Upon making contact with the prize winner, Sponsor shall notify the individual of his or her having been selected as the prize winner, and Sponsor shall set an appointment to meet the prize winner in person at the prize winner’s residence within fourteen (14) days of the date of contact to fulfill further requirements set herein.
- Promotion entrants may enter this promotion by (a) completing an entry form and returning it where designated, (b) submitting an online entry at http://www.midwesthvacpro.com, (c) calling for entry by telephone (414) 246-7735 or (d) printing the entrant’s name and the entrant’s complete address on a 3” x 5” card, writing the words “Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC Home Heating and Air Conditioning Makeover Sweepstakes” at the top, and mailing the card to Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC, 421 McKenzie Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149.
- Promotion entrants must (a) be eighteen (18) years of age or older at of the time of entering this promotion (proof required) and (b) own their own home that is located in one of the following counties in the state of Wisconsin: Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha. (proof required). In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled. No more than one (1) entry per household per prize period is allowed. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- The single (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a verifiable retail value of up to and not to exceed $15,000 of Midwest Heating and Cooling products, materials and installation services. Actual products, materials and labor retail value will be determined and verified by a Midwest Heating and Cooling Residential Estimator based on equal replacement of equipment/units, size and need of home. The prize is for an equal replacement of one (1) existing heating and one (1) existing cooling system in the current location(s) and the winner will receive some combination of the following products only. No cash or credit value or other products or services included. The prize is nontransferable and has no substitution allowances. The Sponsor is not responsible for providing the difference in cash, credit, products or services between the determined verifiable actual value for equal replacement and the $15,000 retail value prize limit.Gas Furnace – Midwest Signature Series 96% AFUE efficiency or equivalent; two (2) stage furnace with up to 100k BTU. All installations include removal of existing equipment, duct modifications up to three (3) feet, new venting up to 80 feet, condensate removal, and all materials for proper installation. Manufacturer warranty applied. Does not include labor warranty. If additional ductwork is required or requested, a quote will be provided and the cost is the sole responsibility of the Homeowner. (Electric furnaces are not included in the Sweepstakes.)
Air Conditioner – Midwest Signature Series 16 SEER single-stage or equivalent up to five (5) tons. Each installation includes removal of existing equipment, new evaporator coil, new line set, AC pad, disconnect, whip, bracket, and all materials for proper installation. Manufacturer warranty applied. Does not include labor warranty.
Boiler – Mid or high efficient boiler to match existing efficiency. Includes removal of existing equipment, all close connections up to ten (10) feet of accumulated copper piping and single circulator pump. Manufacturer warranty applied. Does not include labor warranty.
If the Homeowner is interested in relocating the placement of any equipment/unit or any additional products or services beyond the scope of the prize outlined herein, a quote will be provided by the Midwest Heating and Cooling Residential Estimator and all associated expenses with accepting the quote are the responsibility of the Homeowner.
All installations include disposing of removed equipment per EPA regulations and a complete startup of the new system. A new Honeywell Pro 8000 thermostat included, if necessary, at the discretion of the Midwest Heating and Cooling Residential Estimator. All work will meet local code and municipal requirements. If a municipality denies any portion of the permit at their sole discretion, that part of the prize is automatically forfeited. Sponsor not responsible or liable for municipalities decisions. All equipment and work will be done per the manufacturer requirements. Sponsor will register all warranty paperwork for all installed equipment.
If the Homeowner does not have an existing forced air conditioning system, the prize includes the unit as described herein only and unit installation. Any required or additional ductwork or electrical work expense is the sole responsibility of the Homeowner. Placement of the unit must be mutually agreed upon by Homeowner and Sponsor and if no agreement can be made, this portion of the prize will be forfeited. Additionally, if the Homeowner chooses to not have the offered forced air condition unit installed for any reason this portion of the prize is forfeited.
In the event a Grand Prize Winner has purchased a gas furnace, air conditioner and/or boiler from Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC within 365 days prior to the Grand Prize Winner being selected then: 1) such winner may elect to receive any non-purchased piece of equipment only as described in these rules as their prize forfeiting the purchased gas furnace, air conditioner or boiler piece of equipment. 2) If both the heating and cooling equipment were part of the purchase then the prize is forfeited and a new winner shall be drawn. Additional products or services outside of the scope of the prize described herein are not included.
Each Monthly Prize winner will receive a $500 credit on account that may be applied to any purchase/contract of service or product with installation entered into between the Monthly Prize winner and Sponsor. The retail value of each Monthly Prize is $500. Credit must be used on any future service or new or future equipment with installation only and cannot be used toward past services or equipment purchased, current projects or services, or previous balances due. Prize is nontransferable and must be redeemed within 12 months of awarding.
- All installation work must be provided by Sponsor’s personnel or designee. Sponsor’s personnel or designee shall obtain any required permit(s) (HVAC and Electrical) to perform the installation. Electrical subcontractor fees included up to $1,000 and is included in the overall grand prize retail value of $15,000. A full system electrical permit package includes system components, materials, labor and permits needed for proper installation. Electrical scope of work included with packages are breaker replacement, whip, disconnect, and low voltage wiring. Electrical services not included with this package are wired diameter gauge and type being compatible with new install; sub-panel installs or modifications; any other electrical upgrades. Any additional fees past $1,000 in total are the sole responsibility of the Homeowner. All applicable state, county and city sales taxes are included.
- All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The address listed on each entry form must be an eligible address as provided for in Section 4 of these Official Rules and must be the address where any product will be installed or where any services are rendered. The prize winner’s home must be in suitable condition for installation (g., plumbing and electric in compliance with local building codes and regulations, no water, mold, or structural damage). Any remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Sponsor or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at the Homeowner’s expense prior to installation. The Homeowner must arrange for prize acceptance no later than one (1) month following the award of the prize. Acceptance of a prize requires entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law. Refusal to sign this agreement, forfeits the entire prize. Homeowner must allow Midwest Heating and Cooling to install all products at the same time at a mutually agreed upon date as soon as products become available for installation. Installation of a prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Sponsor’s standard installation guidelines.
- To qualify to receive a prize, a prize winner must comply with all Official Rules, instructions and requirements, including, if requested, the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return it to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of the date of the Promotion Confirmation, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited, and an alternative prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its affiliates to use the recipient’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- The Monthly or Grand Prize is not transferable, no substitution in prizes, or cash or credit will be allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole and absolute discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for providing the difference in cash, credit, products or services between the determined actual value for equal replacement and the $15,000 retail value prize limit. Upon awarding a prize, the prize winner assumes full ownership and responsibility for the prize. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to a prize is the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and state tax agency.
- By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this promotion in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this promotion, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the entrant lives at the time of his or her entering into this promotion. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
- For a prize winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period, including a request for the prize winners’ name(s), to “Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC Home Heating and Air Conditioning Makeover Sweepstakes” at 421 McKenzie Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149 or visit www.midwesthvacpro.com/heatingandairmakeover for a list of prize winners. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes-related materials from Sponsor, please send a written request to 421 McKenzie Drive, Mukwonago, WI 53149. This promotion is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning. This promotion is governed by the laws of the state of Wisconsin with a venue in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, United States of America.
- Anything not covered by these rules and regulations is at the sole discretion of Midwest Heating and Cooling, LLC.