Position: Service Technician: Level 5
Compensation: $45.01 to $50.00 per Hour
Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Overtime (nights and weekends) required during high demand.
Rotating on-call responsibilities.
Primary Role: To perform maintenance and high-level service repairs on all types of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems in accordance with the company’s approved operating practices and with the highest level of customer care.
Assist with the training and development of lower level service technicians.
Develop training programs for the service department as needed.
Supervisor: Service Manager
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Met/exceeded all Level 4 Service Technician required qualifications and/or metrics.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling Licensed.
- Low Voltage Energy Licensed.
- NATE Core Certified.
- Acquire NATE specialty certifications within one year of being a Level 5 technician.
- Expert understanding of residential heating & cooling system’s parts, components & functions.
- Ability to apply this knowledge in the field.
- Participate in emergency service on-call rotation schedule.
- Possess all required tools as needed for a Level 5 Service Technician.
- Willingness to further invest in tools used in the HVAC trade.
- Demonstrated leadership role; Accountability of the development and training of lower level service technicians.
- Able to work from a 28’ extension ladder and a 12’ step ladder.
- Expert knowledge of service tools and testing devices.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of electrical and refrigeration principals.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of soldering and refrigeration procedures.
- Demonstrate advanced to expert sheet metal abilities.
- Ability and willingness to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to retain and use knowledge & skills in the field.
- Commitment to developing & using customer service skills.
- Commitment to following all company policies and procedures.
- Safely able to operate scissor and Genie lifts.
APPLY NOW! Learn More
- Set the standard/example of always maintaining a professional appearance and attitude; Ensure the lower level
- technicians are doing the same.
- Follow directions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and complete in timely manner; Ensure lower level technicians are doing the same.
- Report to job site locations on time as scheduled.
- Communicate to the dispatcher when arriving and leaving job site.
- Report parts and materials needed to the dispatcher to coordinate and expedite parts delivery.
- Perform all duties and interact with clients per company’s’ standard operating practices.
- Complete all required paperwork, forms, and invoices.
- Always adhere to the COD policy.
- Debrief with dispatcher upon completion of each job.
- Directly maneuver from one job site to another as dispatched through the day.
- Acquire new residential maintenance agreements as well as renew existing plans.
- Inform and educate customers of additional products, services, and replacement options in accordance with company guidelines.
- Successfully and knowledgeable use HVAC trade tools and testing devices.
- Use of company vehicle, tools, equipment, parts and materials are strictly for company jobs only.
- Promptly reports any problems with company vehicle or tools.
- Perform after-hours emergency services per on-call rotating schedule.
- Assume a training/leadership role in the department to assist in the development of lower level service technicians.
- Ability to perform the following with little to no supervision:
- Advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques of residential and light commercial issues/system failures.
- Expert use and understanding of service tools and testing devices.
- Standard sheet metal applications.
- Electrical and refrigeration principals.
- Routine maintenance on a variety of residential and light commercial equipment.
- Layout and install refrigeration piping.
- Layout and install low voltage wiring.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- HVAC building code knowledge and compliance.
- Air balancing principals, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood.
- Calculate equipment efficiencies.
- Advanced to expert skill level working with the following types of systems:
- Light commercial systems 25 tons and under.
- Hoods & walk-ins; up to and greater than 1 million BTU systems.
- Full controls; 3V; ProLon.
- VFD systems.
- City multi-units.
- Chiller systems.
- Refrigeration racks.
- Other duties as assigned.